Cool Thing Of The Week: GP2X

Sorry this cool thing of the week is late, I had family visit (my sister's graduating this weekend) and it's quite a gathering. Nonetheless I shall present to you one of the coolest little devices around. It's Gamepark Holding's GP2X F-200. Essentially, it's a handheld that runs linux, and SD cards for storage. This is awesome for several reasons, the primary being that anyone can write anything for it. It comes with a basic music and video player, but I've added the following to mine:
  • Emulators: NES, SNES, GBC, GBA - Now I can play all my console games on one device. With savestates!
  • Ports of Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, ScummVM (and thus all the classic LucasArts adventure games,) Star Control II, and X-Com (UFO and Terror From the Deep.)
Did I mention it has a touchscreen? 'Cause it totally does, and it's totally awesome. It really adds alot to games like Monkey Island and X-com. If you're interested, there's a new edition coming out called "The Wiz" with a faster processor, new frame, and other goodies. There's also a bigger, badder device called the "Pandora" coming out later, which boasts even more power, a QWERTY keyboard, joysticks, and and a Wi-Fi connection. Check it out!

0 comments :: Cool Thing Of The Week: GP2X