Cool Thing Of The Week: Launchy

Do you have a cluttered desktop? Do you hate trolling through the Start menu looking for program icons? Are you awesome? If you answered yes to any of these, you should get Launchy. Launchy is a lightweight program that lets you, well, launch any program from your keyboard, quickly and easily. All you have to do is hit Alt + Space to bring up the search box (pictured,) then type the name of the program. Launchy is smart, too- it brings up your most commonly launched programs first. For example, if I type "f", it brings up Firefox. If I want to launch firefox, I just have to hit enter. If I want to launch, say, Fiilezilla, I add an "i" to bring that up. The box disappears when you launch a program or hit enter on an empty textbox. It's got all sorts of plugins and stuff that I never bother with, but if you're a plugin junky like BackdoorAngel is then you'll probably have lots of fun. Anyway, I have it on every installation of Windows and count it as essential. Check it out.

0 comments :: Cool Thing Of The Week: Launchy