What the fuck? Astro-Rap

So who else has heard about this already? Who else had heard that former astronaut Buzz Aldrin (btw, calling someone a "former astronaut" makes them sound way less cool) is trying to start a rap career? And that Snoop Dogg, Talib Kweli, and Soulja Boy are helping him? Because it's pretty much the funniest thing ever. And no, I'm not making this up at all. It's completely true.
First of all, that beat sounds like it's from the early 90s, at the latest. Then it just gets way funnier when Buzz actually starts rapping. I mean talking. Because that's all he's doing is talking. This just sounds like my grandpa talking. Because that's all it really is. Just someone's grandpa talking. The way he bobs back and forth is so hilarious too. I kind of feel bad making fun of him, but I had no idea it was possible for an astronaut to be so incredibly uncool. Then you have all these women (and apparently one dude) singing "To go flying into outer spa-ace!" We're not even half a minute into the video and I'm already on the floor with laughter. 
The video with Snoop and Talib Kweli on the site I linked to is great too. It's just so funny how in on the joke Snoop and Talib are. Then there are all the wonderful quotes.
"I have only two passions: space exploration and hip hop." - Buzz Aldrin (Although I feel like this could also be a quote from George Clinton)
"People think of hip hop and they think of beefs. We have east coast west coast beef, down south up top beefs, but, it doesn't compare to the beef between earth walkers and moon walkers, which I think is a way more dangerous beef." - Talib Kweli (Although I feel like this could also be a quote from Michael Jackson)
"Buzz Aldrin is so gangsta." - Talib Kweli
And seriously, the main hooky line sounds so much better when Snoop Dogg says it. Also, Buzz said that his intention in doing this rap was to get kids interested in space. Are there any kids anywhere who aren't interested in space? Every kid wants to be an astronaut when they grow up. This will probably turn them against it. "Astronauts can't rap and aren't cool. I don't want to be an astronaut when I grow up."
In all honesty though, it does appear that Buzz is in on the joke. At least, I really, really hope he is.

0 comments :: What the fuck? Astro-Rap