Web Clips for 2/13/10

 
I like fancy dress...


In the spirit of valentines day: gummy bears being naughty.

Valve merch is on sale now. It's usually pretty expensive so if you're thinking of buying, now is the time. Also the fabulous Mount and Blade (which our own Bobbicus talked about here) is only five bucks until Monday.

With the release of Call of Pripyat, I've been going through the original (I didn't play Clear Sky,as my understanding is you might as well just play the original again), and boy. I can say sometimes it's just an exercise in frustration and random annoying deaths with quicksave as your only friend. And other times it's brutally immersive and fantastically atmospheric. So I hear Call of Pripyat has much less dungeon/sewer crawling, which I thought was the weakest part of the original (mostly because to me, horror attempts in video games are just plain gimmicky), so that's good. But I also hear that the side missions are basically required in it, which I'm worried will make it feel too much like a grindy RPG. Where did I hear these things, from this pretty good review.

Check out this cool, visual RSS reader.

0 comments :: Web Clips for 2/13/10