Web clips for 1/26/09



Yes, I've returned. It's been a while, I know. I don't really have an excuse either. I suppose everyone falls into a rut somewhere... or something like that. Anyway I'm going to start off again with these web clips to get myself back on track, and then we'll see if I can't puke up anything that resembles an article or two.

This mod sticks the old Half-life 2 on the new, updated source engine (used in The Orange Box). It's a little hard to nab (copyright and all. try) but totally worth it. It also adds some achievements to grind for.

It kinda scares me how Facebook doesn't want you to delete your profile, to the extent that they're willing to fight for it. I mean FFS Facebook, I thought it was MY profile.

GameRanger is a seriously awesome game management and online client (think Gamespy replacement) that you can use to easily play multiplayer on games where it isn't supported very well (the recent Borderlands comes to mind).

I've recently moved a bunch of different machines to Windows 7, and have found Ninite to be super-awesome.  I'll probably rant about it later.

Good article on humor in games, why it's often not funny, and how it might be.

Speaking of humor, here's an Open Letter to the Parents in Starbucks. Pretty funny stuff.

0 comments :: Web clips for 1/26/09